What is an alarm system?
A security alarm is a system designed to detect intrusion – unauthorized entry – into a building or area. Security alarms are used in residential, commercial, industrial, and military properties for protection against burglary (theft) or property damage, as well as personal protection against intruders. Why do you need an alarm system? The safety of your home and family should be your number one concern when you’re at home and away. Home alarm systems have come a long way from 10 years ago. Today they do more than just ward off intruders. From calling emergency personnel to controlling the lights from your smart phone, home alarm systems should be in every home.
Here are some reasons to invest in a home alarm system today.
- Alarm systems are for apartments too: Whether you live in a house or an apartment, safety is a concern for everyone. If you’re an apartment dweller home alarms can help you and your family stay safe and have peace of mind.
- Your home is protected continuously: Home owners often forget that they can’t watch their homes around the clock. When you leave to go to work, or store, in 15 minutes, anything can happen! A home alarm system watches your home all the time.
- Lower home owner insurance policy rate: If you own a home you may receive a discount from your home owner’s insurance company. Homes that have an alarm system are looked at as a lower liability than those without by your insurance company. Check with your company to see if they offer a discount.
- Alarm systems now offer remote control of systems: Did you forget to turn your air conditioning up before you left the house? Did you stay later at the office than expected and the lights aren’t on at your home? Check to see if your alarm company offers home system monitoring. From your air conditioning/heating systems to interior and exterior lighting control.
- Internet & smart phone access: Several alarm companies are giving the option to have access to your home alarm system through the internet or smart phone. This would enable you to turn on/off your alarm remotely as well as monitor when your children come home and other conveniences.
For more information …….
We also do tailor made solutions for your home, business and complexes